Saturday, July 08, 2006

Keeping Company

Aren't things supposed to slow down in the summertime? The in-laws came and went. We all went to Orcas Island and voted it beautiful- unanimously. I've been exploring the San Juan's bit by bit and this is by far my favorite. I felt so far from home, and there were postcard views around every bend.

Jack got some quality time with his grandma, and four generations got together.

Fun was had by all.

Now we await my sister, her partner, their son, and my little brother. They'll be here tonight after dinner- just in time to take my baby brother out for a beer on his 21st birthday. He's a gay country boy who's just become legal on his first trip to the city. My hairdresser says to just give him taxi fare and get out of his way, but I'm going to do a little more protective hovering than that. :) My two queer siblings are visiting at the same time- I'll be in Capitol Hill all week.

Next week I'll be nursing my hangover in Yellowstone and then the rest of the summer is pretty low key. I can remember to stress out about the adoption (Come on 171-h!), obsess over the submissions I have out, sit out in the garden I busted my ass on and get back to writing.

Work in Progress- I've been trying my had at machine quilting and experiment with piecing different shapes and patterns. I like to quilt, but I'm not so into patterns. We will see how it turns out.

We had dinner at Carmelita last night while some friends watched Jack and it was really nice. We even stopped into a pub for a pint on the way home. I prefer Cafe Flora for local gourmet vegetarian (how great is it that we have a variety of veggie restaurants?!?), but it was more elegant (read: less kid friendly) and yummy all the same. Last week Sam's mom watched Jack while we had dinner at Bombay Grill - and that was DELICIOUS. When Jack gets more used to it we can experiment with staying out later and maybe go to dinner AND a movie, or (gasp!) a concert! Still, we've had more dates this month than the rest of 2006 combined, so I am not complaining.

Enjoy the warmth and blue sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home