Monday, June 05, 2006

Good weekend.

We had big ideas about kayaking, shopping, and socializing this weekend but the kid still wasn't feeling up to his usual scrappy self. We stayed home and I baked bread, cooked, gardened, and read a good book (King Dork). Sam finished building a deck to go around the new pond and the kid played.

Today we'll landscape around the pond so it looks more natural and try to get Rick smogged. I was kind of worried about scheduling some surgeries around the hordes of company we will have this summer, but so far so good. Tonight, I write!

On a positive health note, I used to get fake migraines. I thoughthad migraines for years, until I read an article in the PCC mailer that a lot of migraines were misdiagnosed muscle problems. I had a knot in my shoulder that would flare up around the time I'd start aching, but it was a chicken and egg thing and I never looked at it as the little knot causing the monster pain. In a fit of wild hope I scheduled some physical therapy and through some new yoga moves, deep tissue massage and being more aware of how I position my body- VOILA!- the 3 day headaches that came every 10 days have turned into maybe 1 day headaches once a month if I get lazy and don't do the yoga. Now I have hardly any excuse for being an inert recluse. Feet, do your stuff!







2 Comments:

Blogger LeFemmeMonkita said...

Hey! We'll have to get the boys together again sometime soon!

~M

3:39 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

would love to hear more about your pond! we have just dug a hole - have a lining - but don't know what to plant around it! (it will be a home for our turtle...)

and love rick!! been wanting one myself!!

thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog - it always makes me smile!! how long ago did you leave l.a.? xt

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home