Thursday, December 29, 2005

Coming events

Apparently I'm behind the game because I haven't lined up a preschool for NEXT FALL. I was under the silly assumption that preschool enrollment was something I could take care of late spring/summerish. Apparently, the time is now. We'll probably go the co-op route again, but I'd rather try a new site that's nicer and/or closer to home. The cost benefit is nice, but I really like the involvement and community. I'm finding that the appealing non-co-op preschools that have purdy websites and snazzy philosophies are crazy expensive. I love the boy, but we would have to give up- well, food to send him to one of the (many) $600+ per month preschools lying around the Emerald City. It seems that most deadlines are next month and you are usually expected to take a tour before attempting to register. The quest continues....



Jack is more than a little impatient to see his favorite primate
on the big screen. Curios George movie comes to theatres
on February 10.

Organic Style magazine has ceased publication.

Sam got me the Street Smart Naturalist by David B. Williams and it's a pretty great way to learn about Seattle's ecology. I'm really enjoying it.

He got me the National Audubon Society Regional Guide to the Pacific Northwest as well. I'm a bit of a nature nut and we're still exploring the area, so I'm finding it all a bit fascinating.

If the rain lets up this week I'm going to look for tide pools. I returned a couple of goofy presents for a couple of Lucinda Williams and Wilco cd's so a short road trip is in order. Sam is off all week, so we need some mini-adventure squeezed in to all this relaxing.


I dragged Jack around to a few stores today and he was unamused at the limited access to "kid sections." So we passed a department store with a sale sign.

Jack: What did the words on that sign say?
Me: I don't know, I didn't see it.
Jac: (In disgusted, bored voice) It said, "We have fragile stuff here and it's boring. Keep going and don't buy anything!"

The wise ass force is strong in this one, and he hasn't even hit three. Lord help me.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeFemmeMonkita said...

I don't know if you're interested in part-time preschool...but Mr. Na's is $120/month. E-mail me if you'd like more info. (mannabel@yahoo.com)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home