Monday, October 17, 2005

Want some pot?


Thanks to Catawampus I found a couple of great deals on cooking pots (what did you think i meant?) at Amazon. I try to avoid Amazon, but it was too good of a deal. There is a Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 8-1/2-Quart Saucier with Lid marked down from $180 to $19.99 (!) despite rave reviews.
If you need more there is also a Cuisinart Chef's Classic 8-Quart Stockpot with Cover that went from $100 to $20.99.

I mentioned to my husband that a couple of new pots under the Christmas tree would be a good thing (The domesticity of this fills me with self loathing.) and 2 boxes mysteriously appeared from Amazon a couple of days ago. They are now hidden in the basement because they are CHRISTMAS SURPRISES. Just two short months to wait.

I found this photographer named Kelli Connell who I really like in a Cindy Sherman kind of way. Look at the images and then read the info. It's pretty nifty.

We bought our house from an older woman who had lived here alone for six years. We'll call her A. You could politely describe A. as a crabby introvert. We are going through the process of meeting the new neighbors and people always say, "Oh, you're the one's who bought C.'s house" C. was the owner of the house prior to A. It makes me sad that A. was so miserable that this close knit community collectively erases her time here. We're not the most outgoing people in the world, but when I remember A. I try to be a little more sociable. I found her to be abrasive in person but just from seeing the mail that doesn't get forwarded and the few bits she left around the house (She apparently gives a lot of money to some great causes, runs marathons, and travels to exotic locales) I think I missed something by not getting to know her, and she missed a lot by not getting to know this place. I don't know how long we'll be here, but I want to leave an impression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home