Monday, October 03, 2005

Recent life



We took our kid to his first march last weekend. It was an anti-war rally with over 5000 people in Seattle and a few hundred thousand in the other Washington, San Francisco, L.A., New York, London, and Rome. We were there as part of Code Pink, so I made him a hot pink shirt that said "Fighting is bad!" on the front and "Peace is good." on the back.
It was a fantastic, peaceful protest that closed down a few blocks downtown and had very few counter protestors (We saw none.). You wouldn't know how massive it was by watching the local news. If tivo-ed the major station newscasts. If they mentioned it at all it was late in the broadcast after rehashed hurricane coverage, injury-less car accidents, a shed fire in Bellevue, some upcoming ferry safety drills, and the pressing announcement from the D.A. that someone charged with manslaughter last year will be put on trial "soon." It really pissed me off how something so big could be ignored. For the record, I would be equally annoyed at a newscast with little mention of a large conservative protest. Mass media has become so fluffy it makes me sick.


We are done with breastfeeding. Long live breastfeeding. I felt like I was losing my mind this week and was weepy over everything. It took me a few days to figure out that my hormones were very wonky. They've since mellowed out and I'm starting to feel better. Now if only my chest wasn't so sore. ...

1 Comments:

Blogger LeFemmeMonkita said...

How on Earth did I manage to miss THAT?

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home